Meat Inspector Training in Vanuatu
Asure Quality New Zealand (AQ) was contracted by PHAMA in August 2012 to implement the following
training activities in Vanuatu:
- To train six Ni-Vanuatu students as Meat Inspectors in Ante Mortem and Post Mortem Inspection
for three species of stock (Bovine, Porcine and Ovine).
- To provide a Meat Inspection Refresher Training Programme for existing Inspectors.
- To develop an ongoing Monitoring Programme for the Meat Inspection Service.
- To train two Qualified Meat Inspectors to act as trainers for the future.
- To provide Asure Quality Training resource materials for future training use in Vanuatu
An AQ trainer conducted these activities in Vanuatu between 5 August 2012 and 11 October 2012. In total six trainee meat inspectors, two trainers and three existing inspectors successfully completed the training.
Key words: Post Mortem practical assessment, ovine animals, Meat Inspection, disease, defect